|Sat 6 Apr 2013, 10:00am–6:00pm|
AetherCon! The Steampunk Convention 2013 Auckland. A big event to celebrate everything Steampunk! AetherCon, The Steampunk Convention is proud to announce the third AetherCon convention!
- To promote the steampunk movement and culture:
- To the general public to find out what the steampunk movement is about.
- To the existing steampunk community, so they can have resources to be more involved.
- To contribute to and consolidate the activities of other individuals and groups throughout New Zealand, to promote and strengthen the movement throughout the country.
- To bring like minded folkses together, and provide them with ways to network, find out more, and find out what else steampunk is available in New Zealand.
Stalls, displays and vendors from around New Zealand, each contributing their own specialty or interest; such as:
- On display or for sale: Steampunk couture, jewellery, hats, gadgets, clockworks, curiosities, props, music, books, etcetera.
- A steampunk fashion contest and parade, in co-ordination with Lady Helen Steampunk and Steampunk New Zealand, of Oamaru. This is the Auckland heat of the national contest, culminating in Oamaru.
First prise is entry to the national competition hosted by Steampunk New Zealand in Oamaru, over Queen’s Birthday Weekend.
Winners will be invited to AetherCon Wellington in October to compete with the entrants from there.
- AetherCon 2013 Auckland has plenty of space for stalls and vendors. Nominal stall holder space allocation is suitable for a table ~ 1m x 2m, which is provided, and which has ample walk-around space around it.
Ellerslie Event Centre, Great Northern room, www.eventcentre.ellerslie.co.nz/rooms/great_northern.html.
Convention Schedule; Saturday, 2013 April 6th:
- From 6 am to 10 am: Doors open for stall holders and vendors to load-in and set-up.
- From 10 am to 6 pm: The convention will be open. Doors will open earlier if we’re ready.
- During this time will be the fashion parade and prise-giving. Judging date and time are to be determined, and may be the Friday before, or on the Saturday.
- From 6 p.m. to 8 pm: The convention stalls are removed from the hall, then load-in and set-ups for the ball occur.
- From 8 pm to late: The steampunk ball.
Stall holders and vendors: $50
General public: $10, with people 15 years old and under, free.
- Facebook (primary): www.facebook.com/events/393633354057302 www.facebook.com/AetherCon.
- Email: Michael Hodgson, at email@example.com.
Mallery Henderson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Telephone: Michael mobile 210 287 4425 Mallery mobile 210 821 8767.
Confirmed Stall Holders and Vendors:
- Steamworks, www.facebook.com/SteamWorks.nz. By Mike Hansen, www.facebook.com/mike.hansen.nz.
- Whim Wams, by Ann Dugmore, www.facebook.com/ann.dugmore.
- Cog and Compass - Costume and Couture, www.facebook.com/cogandcompass. By Jaimee Beck, www.facebook.com/jaimee.beck.52.
- Lady Animalia’s Creative Creations, www.facebook.com/Lady.Animalia. By Amanda Moys, www.facebook.com/amanda.moys.
- Krakens Lair, www.facebook.com/KrakensLair. By Phineas Squidd www.facebook.com/PhineasSquidd, and Cordelia Forward, www.facebook.com/cordelia.forward.
- Vanessa Admiral, www.facebook.com/VanessaAdmiral. By Vanessa Buchanan, www.facebook.com/vanessa.buchanan.9
- Grymmstone and Treacle Clothing, www.facebook.com/GrymmstoneandTreacleClothing.
- Steampunk NZ Festival 2013, Oamaru
- Nene’s Naughty N Nice Clothing
- Royal Dirigible Corps N.Z
- First Scene, www.facebook.com/first.scene.ltd, www.firstscene.co.nz.
- Vanya Essin, www.facebook.com/vanya.essin, fire-dancer and acrobat.
- Alpine Fault.
See www.alpinefault.com for the band web site.
See www.reverbnation.com/alpinefault/songs to play or buy their music.
Before you go, would you like to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with events happening in your area, competitions for free tickets and CD giveaways?
Enter your email below, click on the Sign Up button and we’ll send you on your way
Continuing confirms your acceptance of our terms of service.