|Sun 21 Feb 2016, 1:00pm–5:15pm|
Tremains Art Deco Festival 2016 - TADF16
Sponsored by Air New Zealand
Gather your friends, Deco finery, gazebo or picnic rug and set up by the seaside for a relaxed Sunday afternoon in the sunshine. Bring your finest tea setting and have it all on display at your picnic site by 1.30pm when the Dilmah judges will choose the best tea setting and award a wonderful Dilmah prize. Sileni Estates wine by the glass available. If the weather is wet, we will picnic on the footpath in Emerson Street beneath the shop canopies. There’ll be a prize for the most elegant gazebo. We do encourage smaller gazebos to allow more people to have space on the lawn. Wheelchair access to Lower Lawn via Napier War Memorial or iSite.
Gatsby Picnic Info
- Gazebos on the seaward side of the lawns only
- No gazebos to be erected before 6am Sunday 21 Feb
- Once the top lawn is full, gazebos can be erected on the lower lawn to the south of the Tom Parker Fountain. There will be a band performing on the lower lawn
- The lower lawn to the north of the Tom Parker Fountain is reserved as a sponsors and VIP area.
- Please keep the ends of the top lawns clear so that people who are promenading have a clear path.
Drop off area
Marine Parade will be closed from the Tom Parker Fountain to Albion Lane. You can use the area in front of the fountain as a drop off point.
Behind the Sound Shell, War Memorial Centre and Marine Parade by the DOC building.
The Gatsby Picnic is intended to be a community picnic – and not an opportunity to sell goods. Anyone who is not authorised by the Art Deco Trust to sell goods will be asked to leave.
The Art Deco Trust will endeavour to have porters available to help with carrying your picnic gazebo equipment.
Before you go, would you like to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with events happening in your area, competitions for free tickets and CD giveaways?
Enter your email below, click on the Sign Up button and we’ll send you on your way
Continuing confirms your acceptance of our terms of service.