Additional fees may apply
An enduringly popular opera, Carmen is a parade of hit tunes set in an exotic locale with a fearless heroine. Vital and dangerous, Carmen is a woman who will be free at any cost, setting the path to the opera’s gripping conclusion.
This production by Lindy Hume – well known here for her brilliantly theatrical productions of Lucia di Lammermoor, Rigoletto and La cenerentola – is sexy and sensual with all the things you would expect from Bizet’s ravishing opera.
- Francesco Pasqualetti (Wellington & Auckland) - Conductor
- Oliver von Dohnányi (Christchurch) - Conductor
- Lindy Hume - Director
- Jacqueline Coats - Assistant Director
- Dan Potra - Production Designer
- Matt Marshall - Lighting Designer
- Nino Surguladze - Carmen
- Tom Randle - Don José
- James Clayton - Escamillo
- Emma Pearson - Micaëla
- Wade Kernot - Zuniga
- James Harrison - Moralès/Le Dancaïre
- Amelia Berry - Frasquita
- Kristin Darragh - Mercédès
- James Benjamin Rodgers - Le Remendado
Accompanied by Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra. Featuring the Freemasons New Zealand Opera Chorus. Sung in French with English surtitles.
Concession discount is available for Senior Citizens and Students with ID, subject to availability. Super Tuesday discount is available for Tuesday performances.
ASB Theatre, Aotea Centre, CBD, Auckland
Wed 29 Mar 7:30pm – more dates
Before you go, would you like to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with events happening in your area, competitions for free tickets and CD giveaways?
Enter your email below, click on the Sign Up button and we’ll send you on your way
Continuing confirms your acceptance of our terms of service.