You missed this – Subscribe & Avoid FOMO!
The Vagina Monologues - a benefit production

When:

Sat 24 Apr 2010, 7:30pm–9:15pm
Sun 25 Apr 2010, 7:30pm–9:15pm
Mon 26 Apr 2010, 7:30pm–9:15pm

Where: Christchurch Art Gallery - Te Puna o Waiwhetu, Cnr Worcester Boulevard and Montreal St, Christchurch

Restrictions: R15

Ticket Information:

  • Adult: $22.00
  • Adult - online booking: $22.50
  • Additional fees may apply

Website:

V-Day Christchurch 2010 is proud to present a benefit production of Eve Ensler award winning play ’The Vagina Monologues' between April 24 - 26th at the Philip Carter Family Auditorium at the Christchurch Art Gallery.

Hailed by The New York Times as "funny" and "poignant" and by the Daily News as "intelligent" and "courageous," The Vagina Monologues, which was first performed off-Broadway by Ms. Ensler, dives into the mystery, humour, pain, power, wisdom, outrage and excitement buried in women’s experiences. Ms. Ensler has performed the play to great acclaim throughout the world.

Last year over 4200 communities hosted V-Day benefits and raised funds of over $4 million around the world to help end violence against women. A group of Christchurch actresses have this year joined this global movement as part of the V Day 2010 Campaign.

90% of profits from The Vagina Monologues will be returned to The Christchurch Women's Refuge Centre and Monarch House to provide on-going support for Christchurch women who have been victims of sexual abuse. The remaining 10% will be returned to the "Stop Raping Our Greatest Resource: Power To The Women And Girls Of The Democratic Republic of Congo" campaign, led since 2007 by V-Day and UNICEF.

V-day is an ongoing process: an organised international effort to finally end violence against women; the vision of a civilisation where women live in freedom and safety, where life should be lived creating and thriving, rather than surviving or recovering from terrible atrocities.

Tickets can be purchased through the Court Theatre or on the night at the door.

To read more about V-day please visit www.vday.org.

Restaurants to book near The Vagina Monologues - a benefit production