|Sat 23 Apr 2016, 9:00am–4:00pm|
|Sun 24 Apr 2016, 9:00am–4:00pm|
Anzac weekend 2016 will be two action-packed days of old fashioned fun at the Rangitata Island Aerodrome!
We’re talking several WWI battle re-enactments with live action, vintage weapons and machinery, blank bullets and pyrotechnic simulated explosions! And that’s just for starters, also enjoy…
- Free family joyrides in vintage cars
- The hiss of steam from traction engines
- Replica trenches, complete with authentic weapons and sleeping quarters to wander through
- Displays of military memorabilia, uniforms, and civilian clothing from WWI
- Authentic Mess Tent for refreshments plus plenty of other simple, fresh fare on sale
- Stories, photographs and displays of locals who served in WWI
- Local musicians performing songs from bygone days
Bring along the whole family and get hands on!
Make a day or a weekend of it - picnics welcome or indulge in the delicious offerings at an array of eateries around the grounds.
Gates open 9 am – 4 pm each day
Entry: Adults $10. Children 15 and under free. No dogs or alcohol please.
Event Co-ordinator: Janene Adams
Phone: 03 693 9796 or 027 693 9796
Before you go, would you like to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with events happening in your area, competitions for free tickets and CD giveaways?
Enter your email below, click on the Sign Up button and we’ll send you on your way
Continuing confirms your acceptance of our terms of service.