|Mon 29 Feb 2016, 8:00am–5:00pm|
|Tue 1 Mar 2016, 8:00am–5:00pm|
|Wed 2 Mar 2016, 8:00am–5:00pm|
|Thu 3 Mar 2016, 8:00am–5:00pm|
|Fri 4 Mar 2016, 8:00am–5:00pm|
|Mon 7 Mar 2016, 8:00am–5:00pm|
|Tue 8 Mar 2016, 8:00am–5:00pm|
|Wed 9 Mar 2016, 8:00am–5:00pm|
|Thu 10 Mar 2016, 8:00am–5:00pm|
|Fri 11 Mar 2016, 8:00am–5:00pm|
|Mon 14 Mar 2016, 8:00am–5:00pm|
|Tue 15 Mar 2016, 8:00am–5:00pm|
|Wed 16 Mar 2016, 8:00am–5:00pm|
|Thu 17 Mar 2016, 8:00am–5:00pm|
|Fri 18 Mar 2016, 8:00am–5:00pm|
Additional fees may apply
This Internship is a 3 week program for those seeking experience in designing low cost, legal, low tech, local, passive solar homes as well as design and hands on building experience for self-reliance and simple living.
Tutors: Tim Barker, Bob Corker, Kyle Lewis
Price: $2850 (includes all meals and camping)
Date: Monday 29th February – Friday 18th March, 2016
* Please note there will be no door sales - you will need to book ahead by visiting our website.
Enter our contest to win this internship at half price!
Winner will be drawn Wed 13th Jan, 2016.
This is a super exciting, leading edge and empowering Internship!
Learn to design a low cost, local, low tech, passive solar home, and all the things that make a home autonomous. This course will teach how to make it stand-alone and be regenerative too. You will have the opportunity to get fully involved in building these appropriate technologies. During this Internship students and villagers will build a range of things needed to power the homes at Kotare Village (situated next to the Koanga Institute). See full list of technologies below. While you may not build all of these listed below, you will learn the basic knowledge needed to undertake these projects, and will see a few projects the full way through.
- Appropriate toilet and grey-water systems
- Appropriate cooking strategies using solar and rocket stove technologies
- Appropriate water heating, using solar and rocket stove
- Appropriate home heating, using passive solar and rocket stove
- The use of Biochar as an important strategy for carbon sequestration
- Appropriate cooling systems for homes and food storage, using a range of techniques
- Acquaponics systems suitable for serious food production in small spaces
- We’ll also cover how to build your own ram pump that will be as efficient, if not far better than anything you can buy – all for very little cost
Meet Tim Barker one our instructors and one of the top Appropriate Technology teachers in the world and find out more on our website.
Before you go, would you like to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with events happening in your area, competitions for free tickets and CD giveaways?
Enter your email below, click on the Sign Up button and we’ll send you on your way
Continuing confirms your acceptance of our terms of service.