|Mon 15 Feb 2016, 6:00pm–8:00pm|
|Mon 22 Feb 2016, 6:00pm–8:00pm|
|Mon 29 Feb 2016, 6:00pm–8:00pm|
|Mon 7 Mar 2016, 6:00pm–8:00pm|
|Mon 14 Mar 2016, 6:00pm–8:00pm|
|Mon 21 Mar 2016, 6:00pm–8:00pm|
|Mon 28 Mar 2016, 6:00pm–8:00pm|
|Mon 4 Apr 2016, 6:00pm–8:00pm|
|Mon 2 May 2016, 6:00pm–8:00pm|
|Mon 9 May 2016, 6:00pm–8:00pm|
|Mon 16 May 2016, 6:00pm–8:00pm|
|Mon 23 May 2016, 6:00pm–8:00pm|
|Mon 30 May 2016, 6:00pm–8:00pm|
|Mon 6 Jun 2016, 6:00pm–8:00pm|
|Mon 13 Jun 2016, 6:00pm–8:00pm|
|Mon 20 Jun 2016, 6:00pm–8:00pm|
Additional fees may apply
ESOL Conversation – Intermediate 8 weeks | $110
Improve your conversation skills and vocabulary in this higher level class. In our friendly informal class, you'll gain confidence in speaking English. Our tutor will also help you with questions about New Zealand life.
Term 1: 15 Feb
Term 2: 2 May
Parnell Community Trust runs an exciting programme of Community Classes and Activities at Parnell Community Centre and in inner city Auckland. Our February – July 2016 programme is now online, with flyers available from Parnell Community Centre, central Auckland libraries and other local outlets. Let us know if you'd like us to mail you a copy - phone Robert Walsh on 09 555 5164.
Classes at Parnell Community Centre include our popular language series – French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese, New Zealand Sign Language and ESOL English for new New Zealanders; Pilates day and evening classes, Yoga, Tai Chi, Dance and Stretch with Rita and more.
Social activities include bridge, mah jong, seniors coffee and chat, walking group, film club and Scrabble group. Annual membership for Parnell Community Centre social activities: One $10 membership fee (plus activity cost for each session on the day), payable in January or on joining, covers all leisure activities in 2016. Join at any time. New members are always welcome. Phone 09 555 5164 for enquiries.
Parnell Community Centre now has two bridge groups a week. New members are welcome to join Parnell St Johns Bridge Club on Monday nights from 7.30-10pm for a friendly game with exposure to competition Bridge, or play social Bridge with our long-standing Friday afternoon group.
Most classes and activities are held in the Parnell Community Centre (Jubilee Building) at 545 Parnell Road, with others held at our Glanville Campus at 27 Glanville Road. A number of classes are held in downtown Auckland for Auckland CBD residents. Most of these are held at Ellen Melville Hall at corner of High Street and Freyberg Place. You’ll find details of all our classes here on Eventfinder.
Signing up for a class or activity is easy:
1. Enrol online or
2. Complete an enrolment form (available online or within our printed programme) then email, post or
fax it to us; or
3. Come to the Parnell Community Centre office, upstairs at the Jubilee Building at 545 Parnell Road, to enrol in person. (Cash, credit card, EFTPOS and cheque payments accepted.)
- You must enrol and pay for your class before it begins. (Tutors cannot accept enrolments or payments.)
- Our class and activity fees include GST.
- A 10% discount applies for senior citizens (65+) and people with a Community Services Card.
- No discounts for casual attendance activities or annual membership fees.
- Only one discount per enrolment please.
- Receipts are issued on request or at first class.
- Material costs are not included, unless otherwise stated.
- A $2.50 transaction fee will be added to Credit Card payments.
Before you go, would you like to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with events happening in your area, competitions for free tickets and CD giveaways?
Enter your email below, click on the Sign Up button and we’ll send you on your way
Continuing confirms your acceptance of our terms of service.