|Wed 5 Oct 2016, 9:30am–3:30pm|
About the workshop:
reTHiNK workshops equip participants with the tools to understand mental ‘illness’ and mental wellbeing more completely. They are valuable for supporting both professional development and personal growth and are appropriate for all industries and cultures, with useful learning for those with limited knowledge about mental health issues, as well as those with more experience.
Concepts covered in the workshop:
- Rethink attitudes and ideas about mental health, mental illness and recovery.
- Explore multiple perspectives so that you can make informed decisions about how and when different perspectives promote wellbeing.
- Relate to and normalize symptoms associated with mental distress.
- Participate in safe, interactive activities that increase understanding and empathy.
- Respond to people experiencing distressing symptoms appropriately.
- Grow your skills and confidence to support the wellbeing of others, as well as help to develop mentally healthy workplaces.
- Recover from stress and distress.
- Learn simple tools to build resiliency and building your strengths to optimize your own wellbeing.
What participants say:
“The workshop gave us excellent insights into how 'madness' is viewed in this society, the myths that are commonplace and how to bust them and, probably most poignantly, the best ways to respond to people who have some level of mental illness. A great workshop overall, thoroughly recommend it to others." (HR Manager)
Before you go, would you like to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with events happening in your area, competitions for free tickets and CD giveaways?
Enter your email below, click on the Sign Up button and we’ll send you on your way
Continuing confirms your acceptance of our terms of service.