|Tue 25 Apr 2017, 6:00am–12:00pm|
ANZAC Day will be commemorated at the National Army Museum Te Mata Toa with two services on Tuesday 25 April 2017. The dawn service will begin at 6am, while the civilian service is at 11am.
Both services will be supported by military personnel from the nearby Waiouru Military Training Camp. At the conclusion of the dawn service, the Museum and Home Fires Cafe will open to the public at the special time of 7am.
ANZAC Day opening hours: 7am - 4:30pm
Services within the building are provided free of charge, however, normal admission prices to the Museum still apply.
Events and activities:
- Heartlanders: New Zealanders of the Great War - free outdoor exhibition
- Going Underground: Tunnellers in WWI featuring photographs by Brett Killington and Tunnel Technology
- Poppy Air Balloon Display
- Military vehicles from the Museum’s own collection on display
- Kidz HQ - an interactive educational space for children and families
- Animals at War Children’s Activity Trail
Lyttelton Arts Factory, Lyttelton, Christchurch District
Thu 25 May 8:00pm – more dates
Before you go, would you like to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with events happening in your area, competitions for free tickets and CD giveaways?
Enter your email below, click on the Sign Up button and we’ll send you on your way
Continuing confirms your acceptance of our terms of service.