The Palmerston North Civic Service commences at 9.15am, at the cenotaph in The Square. This is the City’s Civic Service. The format generally follows the military tradition for services, but the community has a more prominent place.
- 8:30am: Civic Service Parade to form up on Church Street between Grand Hotel and All Saints Church. To be led by veterans and service personnel
- 9:15: Civic Service commences
- 10:00: Civic Service returns to Convention Centre for Mayoral community morning tea. All welcome.
- 10:30: Return to Cosmopolitan Club
- 11:30: Cosmopolitan Club restaurant opens for lunch.
Marching orders for Civic Service:
- 1st group - Returned veterans and retired personnel
- 2nd group - NZDF uniformed personnel
- 3rd group - Service organisations
- 4th group - Members of the public
If your group or organisation wants to lay a wreath or march, please register online at ww1.pncc.govt.nz/Anzac or call PNCC on 356 8199 before 5pm Wednesday 19 April.
Before you go, would you like to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with events happening in your area, competitions for free tickets and CD giveaways?
Enter your email below, click on the Sign Up button and we’ll send you on your way
Continuing confirms your acceptance of our terms of service.