|Sat 20 May 2017, 8:00pm–10:00pm|
Additional fees may apply
Banana (n) - Burlesque term for a house comic, probably derived from the description of anything crazy as "bananas." The "top banana" was the head comic, the "second banana" would fill in where needed, the "third banana" would be assigned to stooge duty, taking falls and getting pies in the face.
Rama (suffix) - A spectacular display or instance of what is indicated (i.e. BananaRama!)
We're back! Pop on your glad rags and get set for a night of comedy, burlesque and frivolity! Hailing back to the burlesque shows of old, where burlesque beauties and comical comedians shared the stage, BananaRama is here to put the fun back into funny and show everyone a good ol’ time.
Featuring some of NZ’s best vaudeville talent, a three piece live jazz band and laughs to boot, BananaRama will raise the roof of Uxbridge Creative Centre and shake out those chills on a cold, winter's night. Our last show in 2015 sold out in advance, so be sure to nab your tickets quick!
The entertainers for BananaRama are:
- Bonita Danger Doll (Christchurch) – Aphrodite in Fishnets.
- Lilly Loca - Putting the Va-Va-Voom into Vaudeville!
- DizzE Doll - A Mysterious, Mind Bending and Graceful show of Flexibility and Strength.
- Billie Bomb - The T. N. Teaser.
- Bridget Davies - Sees the world in a way we all secretly do but won't admit.
- Patty Haag - She's Auckland's Beautifully Ugly Drag Queen.
- The ZakAttack Band - is so aPeeling, you'll go Bananas!
- Bambina Showgirls - Shimmy Shakin' Bump n' Grinder Burlesque Troupe.
- Steven Lyons - The Master MC with Comedy Hugs for your Ears.
Our fabulous sponsors are:
- The Beauty School Drop Outs.
- Wannabe Costume Hire.
- Xacuti Cafe.
- Bambina Burlesque Academy.
GA seating ($29.00 pp) and VIP Cabaret Table Seats ($45.00 pp incl. premium seating, a VIP bag with goodies from our sponsors + a glass of bubbles) are available.
Dress to impress, as we have fabulous prizes to win!
Contact Uxbridge Creative Centre on (09) 535 6467, book online, email email@example.com or visit them directly at 35 Uxbridge Road, Howick.
Howick Little Theatre, Pakuranga, Auckland
Today 8:00pm – more dates
Before you go, would you like to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with events happening in your area, competitions for free tickets and CD giveaways?
Enter your email below, click on the Sign Up button and we’ll send you on your way
Continuing confirms your acceptance of our terms of service.