|Sat 8 Apr 2017, 9:00am–12:00pm|
Eventfinda tickets no longer on sale
Additional fees may apply
Dr. Julie Bhosale is an internationally-renowned family wellbeing and nutrition expert, author, and speaker and her popular Starting Solids Tour proudly brought to you by Philips Avent is a must.
There is currently a lot of conflicting information around when and how to start solids - Dr. Julie will shine the spotlight on the most current research including:
- The ideal time to start solids.
- What foods to introduce and when.
- New guidelines on allergenic foods.
- The concept of baby lead weaning.
- Dr. Julie’s expert opinion on baby rice.
- The physiology behind an infant’s digestive system development and the potential impact of gluten.
- Practical strategies to help include key nutrients including iron into babies diets.
- Alternatives for vegetarians and those on specialist diets.
- Ideas for family meals ideal for making baby food easily at home.
- Philips Avent Blender/Steamer demonstration.
Dr. Julie is passionate about good nutrition and helping families establishing lifelong healthy habits that work for busy modern lifestyles - a mum of two preschoolers herself, she has published her first cookbook titled "Healthy Easy Dinners for Busy Mums". With a cooking demo, specials on her cookbook, the chance to buy her new starting solids guide plus ask her questions one-on-one - you don’t want to miss this.
Special Guest -
As food and sleep are inextricably linked special guest Holly Fulforth a certified infant and child sleep consultant (with Baby Sleep Consultant) will also deliver a presentation as part of this event. Holly will cover key topics for this sleep with this age group including settling, sleep regression, dropping sleeps, and night time waking.
Who This Event Is For?
This event is perfect for mums with babies up to about a year old and it is also highly recommended for those pregnant for the first time as you will benefit from hearing this expert information before life gets very busy!
If you are confused by all the conflicting information on how to start solids and/or are having trouble with your little one along this journey (sleep included!) come along for morning packed full of expert information.
All venues are very family friendly and babies are welcome.
Tickets are limited and will sell out fast so be in quick.
Halswell Bowling Club, Christchurch
Before you go, would you like to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with events happening in your area, competitions for free tickets and CD giveaways?
Enter your email below, click on the Sign Up button and we’ll send you on your way
Continuing confirms your acceptance of our terms of service.