Additional fees may apply
How’s jail? How many cigarettes does it cost for a picture of a naked lady? Are you getting really strong? I’ve written a show about you, is that ok? You’re in jail so you can’t really say no.
Love from your little brother, Jon.
Renowned Australian storyteller Jon Bennett tells the amazingly sordid and bizarre story of his brother’s life. A sometimes shocking and chaotic tale, Bennett recounts his brother’s experiences with both charismatic hilarity and heart-warming, poignant reflection.
Fire in the Meth Lab tells of drug dealers, bikers, high-speed car chases, fights, crime, prison, vomit, exploding houses and even cancer. The show explores brotherly relationships and how siblings with the same upbringing can choose very separate paths.
Awards and Accolades -
- Best Performance Winner (Victoria Fringe, 2016).
- Sell Out Show Award Winner (Orlando Fringe, 2014).
- Audience Best in Venue Fringe Award Winner (Orlando Fringe, 2014).
- Sold out Season (Brisbane Comedy Festival 2015).
- Selected (Just for Laughs Zoofest, 2014).
- Just for Laughs Award nomination for Best Comedy (Montreal Fringe, 2014).
- Pick of the Fringe Runner up (Victoria Fringe, 2016).
- Favorite Comedy Runner up (Victoria Fringe, 2016).
- Favorite Spoken Word/Storytelling Runner up (Victoria Fringe, 2016).
- Favorite Solo Show Runner up (Victoria Fringe, 2016).
- Best Comedy Award Nominee (Perth Fringe World, 2014).
“This show will make you laugh, even after you’ve left the venue.” – Vue Weekly (CAN).
“Hilarious.” – Edmonton Sun (CAN).
“Incinerates your expectations of the solo confessional, this flammable Australian is in a league of his own.” – Edmonton Journal (CAN).
“Brilliant” - Rip it Up Magazine (AUS).
“The deepest, most poetic hour you’ll spend.” - Winnipeg Free Press (CAN).
“Funny, compelling and surprising, Fire in the Meth Lab will have you laughing one minute and tearing up the next.” - CBC (CAN).
“Bennett has an uncanny and unnerving ability to make you crease up with laughter before dropping a perfectly timed bombshell.” - Time Out (UK).
“It took me several minutes to regain my hearing after the show, not from Bennett’s delivery but from the level of laughter the packed crowd generated.” – The West Australian.
“Jon Bennett sets the gold standard in storytelling. This show is powerful, brutally honest, and drenched in the rich humour of pathos. This is unlike any other show you’ll find at the festival. Get your hit of raw and real comedy. This is my pick of the festival so far.” – Heckler (AUS).
“Timeless joy” - Herald Sun (AUS).
“An entrancing hour of compelling stories” - Chortle (UK).
“Fire in the Meth Lab is f*cking hilarious!” – Forget the Box (CAN).
“über-watchable” – Charpo Canada (CAN).
Before you go, would you like to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with events happening in your area, competitions for free tickets and CD giveaways?
Enter your email below, click on the Sign Up button and we’ll send you on your way
Continuing confirms your acceptance of our terms of service.