Unpack the box office equipment, check all the hardware is available as per the Equipment checklist (inside your equipment box).
- Turn on the cell phone by holding down the smaller button on the right hand side of the phone
- Once the phone has turned on, swipe up on the screen and enter the password to unlock the phone.
- Click on the Eventfinda Ticket app. Log in with your Eventfinda Ticketing details, email address followed by password and click Login.
- Once you have logged in, your current event(s) will be visible and you can select the correct session. You may have to wait about 30 seconds for the Start Scanning button to load.
- The phone will then open the next page select ‘Start Scanning’ a second time to open up the camera, the camera will pick up the code on both physical tickets and tickets shown on phones.
- Once a ticket has been scanned the phone will beep (if not on silent) and a green tick will appear on the camera screen.
- If the ticket is invalid, a big red cross will appear on the screen.
- If you select back in the top left corner, you can see in real time how many tickets have been scanned as well as a total of tickets purchased.
- If the ticket is not scanning, manually enter a ticket using the ticket number.
- On the scanning page of the Eventfinda app, in the top section you will see Enter Ticket code, type in the ticket code here.
This is for people that want to leave and come back
On the scanning page of the Eventfinda app, you will see Enable pass out. Click this button, rescan the customers ticket (so they can leave the event) and then click Disable pass out to go back to regular scanning of tickets . When they go to re-enter their ticket can be scanned back into the event.
What is the mobile scanners code?
When you receive the scanners from the Eventfinda staff, you'll receive the code to unlock.
How do i connect the mobile scanner to WIFI?
The scanner works off phone data so there is no need to connect the scanner to WIFI.
Where is the Start Scanning button?
When you click on the event and the Start Scanning button doesn't immediately appear, please wait a bit for it to load.
Scanner not scanning
Refer to Manually entering a ticket using the ticket number above
Scanner not scanning on a mobile
If a customer has their ticket on a mobile - ask them to turn up the brightness on the screen and zoom into the QR code.
How do I turn the scanner off silent?
Move the ring/silent switch on the side of the iPhone to the "On" position to enable silent mode. When the switch is in the "On" position, an orange bar appears on the switch.
How to reset / reboot the mobile scanner
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button while pressing and holding the Home button on the front. When you see the Apple logo, release both buttons.
My ticket numbers are not reflecting sales (Reset downloads)
In the Eventfinda App, click the three lines on the top left side of the screen. Select Settings then select Resync Tickets. This will resync all scanned tickets.
If your event is running over multiple days, please make sure you are charging both the iPhone and the spare battery pack overnight or before the event.
If there is no internet on site, Eventfinda can provide WIFI hotspot. Please send an inquiry to email@example.com
When you receive the router:
- Press the ON button to start the router, test to see if the internet is connected.
- Connect the USB cable to a computer to charge the battery
- Wifi password is at the back of the device