Map showing Avondale Lions Hall

Phone: 818 8427

It looks like a church, (and it originally was), the Church of Christ built in 1910. When it was no longer used as a church (from the 1950′s), it fell into disrepair.

In 1973 the Ministry of Works appointed the Avondale Lions Club as custodians of the building. The Club members worked tirelessly for 4 years restoring the building to the original plans. In 1977 (after 4 years of effort), the refurbished hall was opened by the then Mayor of Auckland, Sir Dove-Myer Robinson.

The hall is at the intersection of Great North Road and Blockhouse Bay Road. The Avondale Lions Club continues to manage & maintain the hall in pristine condition. Many local groups now use it.

It is available to the community for hire, seats up to 60 and has a domestic kitchen.