Phone: (04) 472 4341

Suitable for Ages: Adults

Built in 1884, North Kaipara lighthouse was built to guide ships crossing the bar at the mouth of the Kaipara Harbour. The lighthouse closed down in 1952, and the area is now a historic reserve managed by the Trust.

The exterior can be viewed at any time, with access from the beach.

Photo from Heritage New Zealand, courtesy Loraine Rowlands

Map showing Kaipara North Head Light House