Map showing Wallaceville Blockhouse

Phone: (04) 4724341

Suitable for Ages: Adults

The two-storey wooden blockhouse at Wallaceville was occupied during the first Taranaki War (1860-61) when there were fears fighting might break out in the Wellington region. It never did.

It was used as a police station from 1867 to 1880, and declared an historic reserve in 1916. Today, the Blockhouse serves as the headquarters for a service club.