Map showing Southland Provincial Building

Phone: (04) 4724341

Hours Open:

  • Weekdays: 9am–5pm
  • Closed on Public Holidays

Suitable for Ages: Families

Built in 1864 as Invercargill’s first Masonic Hall, this building was used as Provincial Government Chambers before the Southland Provincial Council was abolished. The building then served as a Court and Borough Council Chamber before settling down to a more ordinary life as a retail shop.

Exterior can be viewed at any time